Module 3 - Daily Vehicle Walkaround Checks 3.5hrs
Maximun 20 Delegates
Introduction to course, aims and objectives.
- When they can be inspected (include hyperlink Case Study)
- Action available if not roadworthy
- Graduated Fixed Penalty system.
- Prohibition action
- DVD (DVSA Fixed penalty or Freight best practice)
Record keeping and the recording of Walk Around Daily Checks
- Guide to maintaining roadworthiness
- Defect Reporting
Why & when to inspect
Break 15 Minutes
Items to be checked during the Walk Around Daily Check
- Manual Entry (Analogue & Digital)
- Group Exercise (split into groups and identify items to be checked and why)
How to record Daily Checks and Defect Reporting processes.
- Check sheet
- Recording of defects
- Recording of NIL defects
- Reporting process
- Dependent on time show DVD (DVSA DWC or Freight Best Practice)
- Roadside Checks
Types of Prohibition Notice
- PG9a, PG9b & PG9c
- TE160 & TE160dh
- Prohibitions and Convictions
- Legal Obligations & Penalties
- Dependant on time use quiz in driver groups.
Course review, Evaluation and feedback.