Module 2 - Digital Tachograph Operation 3.5hrs
Maximun 20 Delegates
Introduction to course, aims and objectives.
Introduction to Digital Tachograph equipment
- Discussion about the History and evolvement of the Tachograph
- Different types of Tacho in operation
- How each Tachograph is used to Record
- What does the tachograph record
Digital Tachograph cards and types. Lost, stolen and faulty card procedures including making legal records
- Discuss what each Digi Card is used for
- Use Diagrams to show the different digi cards
- What to do when you lose your digi card
- Processes to follow in the event the card is lost or stolen
- Record keeping for lost Digi Cards
Digital Tachograph operational characteristics, location of operating controls and functionality.
- Discuss Benefits of the Digital Tacho
- What and how the tacho records
- Using the tachograph
- Functionality of the different buttons and how to use them
Break 15 Minutes
How to make manual entries and navigate the menu scroll system and functionality.
- Discuss the LAW regarding making manual entries
- Give Demonstration using simulator
- Invite delegates to have a try on the simulator
Print out types and interpretation of data on the printout.
- Show how to make Tacho printouts using Simulator
- Go through printout line for line
- Explain each ICON on printout
- Record keeping for printouts
Operating the different brands of Digital Tachograph Unit.
- Manual demonstation of the dfference between analogue and digi tacho.
- Delegates to Complete analogue tachograph.
- Update on new tachograph units coming into force.
Course review, Evaluation and feedback.