Module 1 - Drivers Hours & WTD. 3.5hrs
Maximun 20 Delegates
Introduction to course, aims and objectives.
Introduction to Drivers Hours regulations and GB Domestic Drivers Hours.
- Group Discussion on Driver CPC and how it came about
- Discuss CPC exemptions and why
- Show newspaper reports / fines for not following Legislation
- Explain the rules governing Domestic Hours
- Mixing EU with Domestic Hrs
- Explain EU Exemptions.
EU regulation 561/2006; driving limits, break requirements. Daily and Weekly Rest requirements.
- Go through the basics of EU561/2006 Legislation
- What a driver show know and why
- Show ways to remember the legislation
- Round the room interactive discussion about the need for rules
- ENSURE group buy-in participation for continuing to next section.
- Split rests, Rest on board ferries and trains, multi-manning requirements.
- Group Discussion about the different ways rest can be recorded.
- Show explanatory diagrams for each different type of rest
- Discuss the legalities of multi-manning
- Do the group understand the different requirements for rest and why
Break 15 Minutes
Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations; Working time limits, break requirements and Periods of Availability.
- WTD as secondary legislation to EU Leg.
- Combining WTD with EU561/2006
- POA Explanation and when/why to record
- Recording of WTD for Driver and Employer
- WTD Governing Bodies.
- WTD easy way to stop 6hr rule infringement process
Record keeping requirements under EU regulation 3821/85.
- Penalties for infringements. Completing Analogue Tachograph records and care of charts.
- Discussion of Financial penalties
- Impact of financial penalties
- Loss of licence / loss of Income
- Group Discussion relating to Traffic Commisioner and what happens
- How to avoid getting penalties.
Evaluation exercise & Feedback Form Completion.